HACKED BY Dengesiz Team
Mandag d. 26. februar 2007
Den tidligere kenyanske bronzevinder på 800 m, Mike Boit, er nu professor i physical education ved Kenyatta Universitetet i Nairobi. I slutningen af marts er han vært for et internationalt atletik-symposium, hvor også danske videnskabsmænd – Bengt Saltin og Dirk Lund Christensen – deltager.
The 2007 Kenyattta University International Athletics Symposium
A N N O U N C E M E N T
“Cross Country is Coming Home”
21st March – 22nd March 2007
Baobab Holiday Resort Ltd.-MOMBASA, KENYA (www.baobabresort.com)
Kenyattta University has organized a two day symposium to precede the March 2007 World Cross Country Championships to be held at the Baobab Holiday Resort, Mombasa, KENYA between 21st March and 22nd March 2007. Some of the most respected and distinguished speakers from across the globe have been invited for platform presentations. The theme of the symposium is “Athletics Excellence, Development and International Peace”.
Symposium participants will include coaches, athletes, teachers, Athletics Federation Officials, scholars and other major stakeholders involved in Athletics fraternities from all over the world.
The Symposium objectives are as follows:
• To share information on research practices that has led to meaningful progress and development of Athletics in the World.
• To familiarize participants with specific research-based strategies to understand human performance.
• To explore ways through which athletics can be used to promote international peace.
Major topics of discussion.
• Egorgenic Aids in Athletics performance
• Nutrition for Athletic performance
• Origins of Athletics Excellence
• Sports Excellence: Emerging issues
• High Altitude Training: Fact or Fiction
• Gene Doping; A myth or reality
• Globalization, Gender and Athletics Performance
• Management and Administration of Athletics Camps in Kenya
• Management of an Elite Athlete
• Diabetes and Physical Activity
• Malaria Control and Treatment
• Using Sports to Achieve International Peace
For more details please contact:
Prof. Michael K. Boit
Director, IAAF Athletics Academy and Symposium Coordinator
P.O BOX 43844-00100
TEL: +254-20-810901 or 811622 EXT: 57284:Cell:0722-794167
IAAF Athletics Academy, Assistant Symposium Coordinator
P.O BOX 43844-00100
TEL: +254-20-810901 or 811622 EXT: 57284:Cell:0721-813114